Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March 2/2016 Day 6


Well, I have not been very good at posting every day for the past 5 days, this is largely because I wanted to DIE for most of it. WOW! Carb addiction is an angry angry foe! I feel about a million percent better today though, Feel as though someone lifted the veil and my energy is high!

To be honest my energy is so high I almost am having a hard time sitting still, I have hopes it will level out a bit. Last night I was up with my kid until 11pm and we were baking.

Baking?? yes baking. I did not sample any of what we made, That is not a hardship for me though, I was right on the heels of finally not feeling like I had the worst dehydration and flu of my year. It was an easy thing to not care about the beautiful berry pie that I made.

Confessional time, I did use my MasterCard yesterday. I was at the grocery store and my order came to 4.00 more than what was in my wallet. In hind sight, I really should have just put something back but I had the card there and I used it. I guess what I learned from that one is that I need to take them out of my wallet. If I am every really in an emergency there is nothing that I can not get access to through online banking so really, the cards have to come out. That is what I am going to do tonight. I could not actually bring myself to do it yesterday.

Today will be more difficult. I am down to literally .50 in my wallet. I do not think I need to purchase anything today. I really have all I need, The part that is hard is knowing there are funds in my bank account. Those funds are not for my entertainment though, they have purpose and that purpose is not for me.

Second Confession, I am having a hard time staying off of online banking. It is such a part of my day. I am a financial person and sadly when I am stressed out one of the things that I do is reorganize my budget, try to find better ways and then I end up borrowing from myself.

I have set up a really good automatic payment program that looks after everything, it even transfers to me the cash that is mine. I should actually never have to look unless there is a problem and maybe once on payday to make sure everything went where it was supposed to. I logged in about 6 times yesterday to look. Today will be better.

Ok, I think that does it for my slips ups, well for the first week anyway.

Now, the good news! I had my weigh in this morning, and * drumroll* I am down to 173.8lbs. That is a total loss of 3 pounds in the 6 days I have been doing keto!. I have been really cautious about not eating too much of anything. Not too much protein, not too much snacking on nuts which is very easy to do. My day is usually that I have a couple cups of coffee with heavy cream in the morning, an avocado and some broth with butter for lunch and then I eat a more balanced dinner with veg and protein etc.

I work at a desk job so it is actually easy for me to not eat a whole pile of food while I am working. I feel better to not be full and bloated when I am sitting at my desk.

My biggest challenge is night eating, I am not hungry, I feel my appetite is well in check but I am such a night time snacker. I have found the best thing to do is keep busy and if I really want something I have a bag of peanuts that I can have some of each day. Lots and lots of delicious fat for calories, butter should be its own food group.

So week one is down for all intents and purposes, I am now diving into a study manual for a test I have to write very very soon. Lets call this my stress challenge.

More later.

~ Whiskey,

No comments:

Post a Comment