Tuesday, March 15, 2016

March 15 Day 20- what the whoosh was that & New Name.


Good afternoon Cats and Kittens,

Well there have been a few interesting developments in the Keto Project over the last few days.

I will start with Saturday, Went out to a dive bar show with my boy, got all dolled up in my best leather and plaid and out we went.
Had a great night! I was the Driver so my night was all diet coke and a bunless burger with Salad for dinner. Burger was so good, Goat cheese and friend onions and veg. I figured it was plenty of food because of course I am getting more and more adapted to eating a ketogenic diet. This means.. I am just not hungry very often.

We stayed out until the small hours and finally got back home about 2 am. Sober as I was, I decided I would like a nice dry glass of red wine. It was weekend, I was way under my carbs for the day having only eaten that wonderful burger. My boy and I turned up the tunes and drank the wine until 6 am. It was a rare night, one for the books and I had so much fund.

Now when I woke a mere 4 hours later because I had to go be a responsible parent, Life was not so rosy.

1) Dehydration does not begin to explain how dry my mouth was. I think I was actually exhaling sand.

2) I simply wanted to die, not enough food to process the alcohol I ingested ( way more than one glass of wine ... )

3) I have never , ever been that hungover in years.

I pulled it together and did what I had to do in the day, out of curiosity I got on the scale to see how badly the sugar alcohols of the wine had effected me.

To my shock and amazement I was down.. overnight.. 3 pounds.

I stood on the scale 3 more times to make sure. it read the same each time 170.3. I could not believe my dry, aching eyes.

I ran of course to my new favorite people on the work on the Ketogenic Success page through facebook. This is apparently called a whoosh. Basically means your fat cells have been filling with water and hiding the fat loss until one day " poof" they let go and deflate you like a water balloon.

Now, when I think back on it, I was freezing cold all day Saturday and I could not get out of the bathroom. I was peeing all day. I suppose that could have been a sign that I was going to woosh. I am never really cold by nature. Peeing all the time, well that is actually pretty typical of me.

So that was Sunday, If I had not been on my death bed I probably would have jumped for joy. As it was I threw up my broth and butter but no matter, my own fault.

I did not eat too much on Sunday, but I was as I stated very dehydrated. I tried to drink and replace water all day but I just felt dry.

Monday rolls around and my insides are not happy. I was bloated and gassy, ( sorry for the visual but I did promise to honest ) . I felt like nothing was right and nothing I drank was helping.

I got home from work and decided to check my ketostix, to my surprise the stick was negative. ok..... So I have not done anything differently. I hit the internet.

Again, I turned to my FB page friends, they assured me this was probably a good thing, my body was adapting to using the ketones I was producing for fuel. The time has gone so fast I guess it is just about the right time frame for that coming up on a month soon.

So again this morning, as today is my usual weigh in day, I jumped on the scales, slightly smug, wanting to see that 170 number again. ... 172.3 Wha????

I have decided the scale is simply a lying liar who lies a lot. Of course I would be up, I have done nothing but drink water for 2 days and my body got so dry it is afraid to let go of any of it. I suspect that in a few days I will let go of the water and all will be well.

So that has been the few days in the Keto project as far as my personal life goes. I have also been listening to the Ketovangelist podcast which I am devouring! With Salt!

I have also changed the name of this site to simply " the Keto Project" because I believe that although austerity is a part of my life now, Ketogenic life is opening mental doors for me that I never knew I needed to open. I need to talk about this and share about this journey. This is all consuming, I need to write about this. The cash part, well it can wait for now. Good night for now Keto Kitties! I will talk to you all soon.

1 comment:


  1. My buddy Matt Gallant has been doing Keto for 26 YEARS.

    That’s longer than anyone I know.

    And after coaching HUNDREDS of people on Keto and low-carb diets...

    He discovered that there are 3 common deficiencies that sabotage your gains—and prevent you from realizing the superhuman potential of the Ketogenic diet.

    ===> You’ll discover what those deficiencies are—and how to fix them—in as little as 7 seconds, using a nutrient solution backed by more than 130 different studies.

    Because even though the science SAYS Keto transforms the way your body burns fat... makes energy... and ages... few people experience those results.

    They often feel sluggish (until they’ve had coffee)... struggle with digestion... battle carb cravings... and hit fat-loss plateaus...

    All because of the metabolic deficiencies Matt discovered in his obsession to optimize the Keto diet for himself and clients over nearly three decades.

    MATT’S MESSAGE IN A NUTSHELL:

    If your energy isn’t all that it should be...

    If you’ve lost some of your peak performance in the gym...

    If your brain isn’t razor sharp and focused at a new level...

    And if your fat-burning and body composition seems stuck...

    IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT.

    You can blame these 3 metabolic deficiencies...

    ===> Go here to discover the simple nutrient solution that reverses these 3 deficiencies in as little as 7 seconds, and re-ignites your energy, digestion, and fat-burning NOW.

    This will change your low-carb game and results forever.

    Matt personally guarantees it.

    [Dushka Zapata]

    P.S.—It’s not just that Matt has done Keto successfully for 26 years (longer than anyone I know)... it’s what he’s doing NOW that really impresses me.

    He leads multiple multi-million-dollar companies, and therefore works insane hours... hits it hard in the gym 5 times per week... travels 12+ times per year... does more brain and personal development than anyone I’ve ever met...

    ... ALL WITHOUT COFFEE OR CAFFEINE OF ANY KIND!

    ===> He’s clearly “unlocked” the superhuman potential possible with Keto, and so when he says this 7-second solution takes your performance to the next level—I believe him.



    ReplyDelete